At Elumind, every day your work will impact someone's life journey in becoming his or her better self. Here we empower our people to strive in a dynamic culture of high performance so that not only they can make a difference for clients and communities, but also for their own aspirations.
At Elumind Centres for Brain Excellence, we provide state of the art brain and mental health services to individuals in search of reaching the peak of their brains’ potentials. Our philosophy encompasses a variety of holistic approaches to brain health as we believe a healthy software (the mind) can only run on healthy hardware (the nervous system). Our vision is to restore the mind-body connection by making the nervous system whole again through both attending to the body and the mind.
Join our dedicated and exceptional team of professionals on a fun-filled and rewarding journey within one of the fastest growing mental health companies in North America! Bring in your skills and become part of an excellent team whose vision is helping people with the utmost integrity and passion in applying the art and science of the brain.
Job Type: Part-time
As a Neurofedback Technician, you will work with clients struggling with mental health issues such as anxiety, depression, OCD, sleep issues, posttraumatic stress disorder, eating disorders, neurodevelopmental disorders (ADHD, autism, language and learning disorders) and traumatic brain injury (concussions). Furthermore, you will work with athletes, executives, and student who are striving to improve and optimize their brain functions.
Responsibilities and Duties
- You will be establishing rapport and directly interacting with different age groups (5-90 years of age) and genders from the moment the client walks in until she/he is set up with the recommended protocols (you will be trained) in neurofeedback, biofeedback, and alpha stimulation microcurrent therapy
- You will be responsible for acquiring QEEG data from the clients and generate brain maps for therapy and conduct neurofeedback sessions based on those maps
- You will report directly to the clinical director through detailed and written clinical reports; these reports encompass session-to-session written tracking of the client’s progress
- You will be in charge of biofeedback/ neurofeedback and microcurrent equipment as well as ensuring that adequate supplies are present
- You are in charge of receiving cash/credit card payments from clients
- You will help with scheduling of clients
- You will liaise with other interdisciplinary colleagues in order to create an integrative model of brain health
Qualifications and Skills
- You have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in any of social work, psychology, neuroscience, counseling, kinesiology, or a mental-health related field
- You have a basic understanding of neuroanatomy and neurophysiology, neurofeedback and biofeedback and you are willing (Continuing education will be required) to learn new material as it is presented
- You are BCIA or Othmer method neurofeedback certified or you are in pursuit of board certification within a 12-month time frame (we will require registration toward certification within the first 3 months if already not certified)
You are outgoing and you enjoy talking to people while maintaining client confidentiality and respecting client-therapist boundaries
You are genuinely interested in the art and science of brain health, but more importantly you have a passion to help others
- You are skillful in educating clients about different products/services in language that is elegant and simple (We will provide training)
- You have outstanding communication skills both verbally and also in providing colleagues with detailed written documentation (Client progress note, session reports etc.)
- You are computer-literate (Windows 10, office) and enjoy learning new software
- You are a team player and you are aware of your limitations and you are unafraid to ask for help/second opinion; you have excellent interpersonal skills in communicating with a multidisciplinary team
- You are self-driven and continuously desire personal and professional growth
Preference will be given to applicants with experience in any of the following:
- Mental health counselling/therapies
- Athletic/personal training and Kinesiology
- Concussion counselling
- Nutrition counselling
- Massage/physical therapy
- Life coaching/Occupational therapy
Applicants with their BCN/BCIA certification and/or a Masters level or above will be considered highly.
Mentoring is available for individuals who will complete certification post-hiring.
At Elumind we believe in the human potential and as such we are an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from visible minorities including women, newly landed immigrants, aboriginals, seniors, and people with disability. We hire you based on your qualities as a human being with the utmost regard for your passion to help other fellow beings.
All applicants will be subject to a full background check including a criminal record check (given that we work with vulnerable client population.