At Elumind, every day your work will impact someone's life journey in becoming his or her better self. Here we empower our people to strive in a dynamic culture of high performance so that not only they can make a difference for clients and communities, but also for their own aspirations.
At Elumind Centres for Brain Excellence, we provide state of the art brain and mental health services to individuals in search of reaching the peak of their brains’ potentials. Our philosophy encompasses a variety of holistic approaches to brain health as we believe a healthy software (the mind) can only run on healthy hardware (the nervous system). Our vision is to restore the mind-body connection by making the nervous system whole again through both attending to the body and the mind.
Join our dedicated and exceptional team of professionals on a fun-filled and rewarding journey within one of the fastest growing mental health companies in North America! Bring in your skills and become part of an excellent team whose vision is helping people with the utmost integrity and passion in applying the art and science of the brain.
Web Developer / Graphic Designer
Job Type: Contract
The Web Developer/Graphic Designer position entails developing the Elumind’s corporate website on Wordpress content management system as well as producing visual, print and web solutions that are aligned with the corporate marketing strategy.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Construct, develop, redesign, code, debug and maintain company websites on Wordpress using CSS, HMTL
- Prepare artwork design, layout from conception to completion in a format suitable for the desired media
- Assist in preparing print needs, mailing lists, and general marketing materials
- Execute esthetic changes recommended by the Marketing and Design teams
- Create and maintain mobile-optimized websites
- Integrate and optimize third party extensions and add-ons
- Implement SEO enhancing elements into coding
This role description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed and is not necessarily an exhaustive list of accountabilities, qualifications and competencies required.
Qualifications and Skills
- 1+ years experience in web development
- Proven front-end deployments (HTML, CSS, JS)
- Experience with responsive and mobile first development
- A solid understanding of how web applications work including security, session management, and best development practices
- Post-Secondary in Web development or related program
- 1-2 years website coding experience in a similar field
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize work and balance multiple activities concurrently, and in a manner that optimizes departmental effectiveness and contributes to organizational success
Experience in SEO best practices for optimizations including minifying JS, CSS and improving site performance.